In 1994 the Department of Defense made the decision to bar all women from joining direct ground combat units in the Marines. This is an of itself seems like an odd rule to have and I have no idea what their rationale may have been at the time. The American Civil Liberties Union is now representing women and the Service Women’s Action Network who feel that this rule is discriminatory and has kept them from getting promotions. This Los Angeles Time article summarizes the story and states the US District Court in San Francisco found the rule unconstitutional. There seems to be a lot of support for ending this rule. Time reported that Marine men and women see no problem with allowing women into direct ground combat units and argues that by discriminating against women it is ruining morale and hurt unit cohesion.
- jennifer ludy grove
- Samantha Ellison
- Stupid Girls wp.me/p2Ali8-p5 4 years ago
- why we love sesame street! wp.me/p2Ali8-oU 4 years ago
- Vote!! #ElectionDay 4 years ago
- Proud to be a woman... wp.me/p2Ali8-ng 4 years ago
- just another music monday... wp.me/p2Ali8-n6 4 years ago
- when women vote... wp.me/p2Ali8-mc 4 years ago
- a child speaks for a nation... wp.me/p2Ali8-lT 4 years ago
- totally #notbuyingit... wp.me/p2Ali8-lF 4 years ago
We Love Visitors!
- 9,073 Visitors