Now that Christmas is so close, all the best Christmas/holiday movies are being shown on TV. This is my most favorite time of the year and I love these movies. I thought I’d take a minute and share my top 10 favorite Christmas movies!
10. Meet me in St. Louis: I absolutely adore this movie! I am a big fan of old Hollywood and Judy Garland is perfection in this movie! It’s not completely about Christmas but Judy does sing a magnificent rendition of “Have Yourself and Merry Little Christmas.” If you haven’t seen it, you need to!
9. The Polar Express: This is a book that I used to read almost every Christmas in as a child. The story is very touching and gets me in the Christmas spirit! The movie is really cute and has some super fun musical numbers!
8. A Christmas Story: This is a true classic! It’s extremely funny and set in Indiana of all places! My family and I watch this every Christmas Eve.
7. The Muppet’s Christmas Carol: This may seem silly but it’s still my favorite version of A Christmas Carol! It’s funny without of taking away from the meaning of the story. I also think Michael Caine is my favorite person to ever play Scrooge!
6. The Santa Clause: This is just a classic from my childhood! I remember getting this on VHS for Christmas and watching it over and over again! This is an excellent movie and Tim Allen is hilarious in it!
5. Love Actually: Again, this movie is not completely about Christmas but it’s excellent! It’s a romantic comedy with a ton of huge stars in it! I love watching this movie and it never get’s old!
4. Miracle of 34th Street: I absolutely adore this movie! It’s one of the most iconic Christmas movies! However, I only like the original black and white version. I don’ think any of the remakes measure up!
3. Elf: I don’t know a single person who doesn’t love this movie! I watch it multiple times during the Christmas season and even sometimes throughout the rest of the year! This movie is so funny and shows Will Ferrell at his best!
2. Rudolph: I love the claymation version of Rudolph! It just isn’t Christmas without it! My parent’s watched it as kids and so did I. It is a staple in my house during the holidays!
1. It’s a Wonderful Life: In my opinion, this is the greatest Christmas movie of all time! It makes me laugh and cry! It makes me appreciative of what I have and makes me remember what the true meaning of Christmas is. I am a huge Jimmy Stewart fan and he is just brilliant in this film. If you haven’t seen this movie then you need to make seeing a priority! It is excellent!
So what are your favorite Christmas/Holiday films?